Erosion Control in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan & Surrounding States
We use erosion control blankets, straw wattles, compost socks, and more to prevent soil erosion.
Soil erosion can be a detriment to commercial properties, which is why we offer our erosion control service. At Big Greens, we have several erosion control methods to keep the soil on your property in place including erosion control blankets, straw wattles, and compost socks. If you're not sure which method to go with, we can visit your property and help you determine which method would be the best fit for you.
We offer our erosion control service to commercial properties in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and other nearby states. Give us a call today at (937) 539-8163 to schedule this service!
Our Erosion Control Methods
At Big Greens, we offer several different methods that you can choose from to control erosion on your property. They are as follows:
- Erosion Control Blanket: An erosion control blanket prevents soil erosion, allows seeds to germinate, and gives the grass time to grow.
- Straw Wattles: Straw wattles are tubes of compressed straw placed inside ditches to slow the flow of water and soil.
- Drain Inlet Protection: We can install a blanket over your drains or a log on the edges of them so that water can flow through them but soil can't!
- Geotextile Installation: This is usually a gravel base that separates the soil from whatever you are going to put on top of it, like putting it down in a landfill so it separates the soil from the trash.
- Silt Fence: This is a fence that usually goes in ditches or around the edges of job sites so that any disturbed soil doesn't fall off the property. A reinforced silt fence has backing or a frame to provide extra strength.
- Hydroseeding: When hydroseeding your property, we will use a strong slurry that is designed to hold strong without eroding.
- Compost Sock: We fill material with compost or mulch and use it as a log that filters out the soil and keeps water from flowing off hillsides, ditches, or perimeters of a property.
- Temporary Cover Corp: Temporary cover corp is a type of grass that works similarly to an anchor and produces roots in the soil to keep it from eroding.
- Turf Reinforcement Matting: Turf reinforcement matting gets rolled out and almost buried into the ground to keep the soil safe and prevent it from moving.
- Straw Blowing: We will blow a layer of straw over your soil to slow down water flow and keep the soil from being disturbed.
Which erosion control method is best for your property?
If you're not sure which type of erosion control method is best for your property, we can help! When you schedule this service, we will come out to your property to evaluate it. Once we have thoroughly inspected your property, we will give you our opinion on which method will be best for you.
We offer our erosion control service to commercial properties like universities, athletic fields, military bases, shopping malls, industrial parks, and more.
Call us to sign up for our erosion control service today!
At Big Greens, we've been providing our erosion control service since 2006, so we have the experience needed to get the job done right. We will work with you to make sure your property gets what it needs to prevent soil erosion.
We offer our erosion control service to commercial properties in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and the surrounding states. Call us at (937) 539-8163 to sign up for our erosion control service today!